A Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) works under the direction of physicians and registered nurses. The LVN provides direct patient care in a variety of settings such as acute care hospitals, rehabilitation hospitals, clinics, physician offices, home health, skilled nursing facilities and hospice care. Our graduates receive the necessary knowledge and skills to transition from education to employment.
- Institutionally Accredited by the Accrediting Bureau for Health Education Schools
- Programmatically Accredited by Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians
- Approved to operate by the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education
Vocational Nurse Program Highlights:
- 13 month intensive program including preparation for the NCLEX exam Day and Evening Classes
- Experienced Instructors
- Patient-care labs that are equipped with hospital beds, anatomical models, hi-fidelity interactive simulation
mannequins and other patient-care equipment
- Financial Aid Assistance
- Private Loan Assistance
- Employment Assistance
Our Vocational Nurse Program provides didactic and laboratory training as well as a clinical component that correlates with the theoretical knowledge. Upon successful completion of the program, students will be prepared to sit for the state licensing exam. Once students pass this exam, they will be able to work as Licensed Vocational Nurses in hospitals or medical clinics.
Our Program Curriculum provides students with the technical, clinical, and interpersonal skills necessary to succeed in this field. Subjects covered include Anatomy, Medical Terminology, Pharmacology, Clinical Nutrition, Obstetric, Pediatric and Psychiatric Nursing, Medical/Surgical Nursing, and preparation for the NCLEX.
Our Campuses conduct courses in classrooms equipped with modern audio-visual teaching aids, anatomical charts and models.
Our Clinical Education (Internship) is an integral part of the Vocational Nurse Program that facilitates the development of student competence with clinical skills. Internship will be provided for all of our students.
Our Vocational Nurse Program is offered at All Campuses.
Contact our admissions department to find out if you qualify for this program: www.gurnick.edu/admissions-department