Our Phlebotomy Technician (PHL) Program is designed for individuals who plan to work for a clinical laboratory, public health department, clinic or hospital. It is also for allied health professionals who want to acquire phlebotomy skills. Our students will receive the necessary skills to transition from education to employment.
- Institutionally Accredited by the Accrediting Bureau for Health Education Schools
- Programmatically Approved by the California Department of Public Health, Laboratory Field Services
- Approved to operate by the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education
Phlebotomy Technician Program Highlights:
- 80 hour intensive program including internship
- Our patient-care lab is equipped with hospital beds, anatomical models, hi-fidelity interactive simulation mannequins and other patient-care equipment
- Experienced Instructors
- Private Loans Assistance
- Employment Assistance
Our Phlebotomy Technician Program provides didactic and laboratory training as well as a clinical internship component that correlates with the theoretical knowledge. Upon successful completion of the program, students will be prepared to sit for the Phlebotomy Technician Certification Exam (CPT 1). Once students pass this exam and obtain their state license, they will be able to work as Phlebotomy Technicians.
Our Program Curriculum provides students with the technical, clinical, and interpersonal skills necessary to succeed in this field. Subjects covered include Anatomy, Medical Terminology pertaining to the circulatory system; and specimen collection, risk factors, complications, and quality assurance in specimen collection. Practical instruction provides hands-on training in venipuncture with procedures verified through a skills check-off system.
Our Campuses conduct courses in classrooms equipped with modern audio-visual teaching aids, anatomical charts and models.
Our Clinical Education (Internship) is an integral part of the Phlebotomy Technician Program that facilitates the development of student competence with clinical skills. Internship will be provided for all of our students.
Our Phlebotomy Technician Program is offered at All Campuses.
Contact our admissions department to find out if you qualify for this program: www.gurnick.edu/admissions-department